We currently have a client in SALEM, OR looking for a Licensed Phlebotomist!
Focus Staff is seeking a traveling Phlebotomist who is highly motivated and energetic.Contract Assignment
– 13 Weeks (Temporary)Shift:
- Pay depends on location and experience.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401K matching
- New licensing reimbursement
- Job staffing in all 50 states
Candidates must be willing to support a friendly, positive and professional environment. Candidates need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of procedures and patient safety. Being Compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal Candidates goes a step further by being a critical thinker and fast to act with emergencies.Requirements:
- Requirements successful candidates for the Phlebotomist role must be capable of drawing high volumes in a short amount of time.
- Someone who has worked in a nursing home or with geriatric patients would be a good fit for this phlebotomy technician role.
Additional requirements of the Phlebotomist role include:
- 2 - 5 years of experience as a phlebotomist
- Flexibility with hours and start time
- Motivated candidates who are looking for career growth
- AHA Current Basic Life Support certification for Health Care Providers
- BSN from accredited nursing program, and proper licensure
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients, and families
At least 2 years of experience
If you are seeking a Phlebotomist position and would like to work with an agency that will listen to your needs and career goals, then Focus Staff is the right place to be. We are proud of our ability to build relationships with all our healthcare professionals, whether you are seeking Travel assignments, PRN work or Permanent Placed positions.Responsibilities:
- As a Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for performing phlebotomy in a high volume, nursing home environment on geriatric patients.
- Drawing high volumes in short time frames
- Distributing collected blood samples to the designated hospital laboratories
- Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Monitors glucose levels by performing bedside glucose tests; recording results; reporting results to unit nurse-manager.
- Tracks collected specimens by initialling, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
- Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
Contract/Temporary/TravelLocation: SALEM, OR
We are offering a very competitive package to the right licensed Phlebotomist candidate. Most traveling healthcare providers enjoy the flexibility and the capability to travel and work in various settings and work environments.
Join our VIP team of traveling professionals!
Phlebotomist, Traveling Phlebotomist, Part-Time, Contract, Travel, Temporary , 13 Weeks, Temp.