We currently have a client in Clarkston, WA looking for a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Traveling COTA)
Focus Staff is seeking a traveling Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to work implementing activities necessary to help individuals learn life-management skills within limits of their mental and physical capabilities with a focus on play-based therapies and a functional approach.Contract Assignment
- 13 Weeks (Temporary)Shift:
(COTA/Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant)
- Pay depends on location and experience.
- 401K matching
- New licensing reimbursement
- Job staffing in all 50 states
- We are offering a very competitive package to the right licensed Certified Occupational Therapist
Candidates need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of procedures and patient safety. Being Compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal Candidates goes a step further by being a critical thinker and fast to act with emergencies.Requirements:
- Must possess independent decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Ability to relate positively to residents and families and work cooperatively with other employees.
- Meet all local health regulations, and successfully complete a post-offer health assessment.
- Physical and sensory requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices): walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to hear and respond to pages; ability to read and write; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with residents, families, personnel, vendors and consultants; ability to remain calm under stress; ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures.
At least 2 years of experience as a COTA (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant)
If you are seeking a position as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant and would like to work with an agency that will listen to your needs and career goals, then Focus Staff is the right place to be. We are proud of our ability to build relationships with all our healthcare professionals, whether you are seeking Travel assignments, PRN work or Permanent Placed positions.Responsibilities:
- Provides patient care as an Occupational Therapy Assistant to patients in assigned facility (or facilities).
- Assist patients under direction of an Occupational Therapist to maximize their potential in activities of daily living including areas of self-care, meal time skills, and manipulation skills
- Constructs adaptive equipment, self-help devices as recommended by OT
- Assists OT to instruct and educate patients and families for home care and carry over.
- Properly and accurately documents/charts observations and other data related to the clinical condition of the patient.
- Delivers age appropriate care for the patient population.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs to monitor proficiency, expand current knowledge and enhance professional excellence. Willingly shares knowledge and provides clinical orientation to other members of the staff.
Contract/Temporary/TravelLocation: Clarkston, WA
If You have a Passion for Certified Occupational Therapy, Apply Today and a Recruiter will guide you through the Process.
Join our VIP team of Traveling Professionals!
Traveling COTA, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Part-Time, Contract, Travel, Temporary, 13 Weeks, Temp. Tier14