We currently have a client in NEW HAVEN, CT looking for a Cat Scan/MRI Technologist (Traveling CT/MRI Technologist)
Focus Staff is seeking a traveling Cat Scan/MRI Technologist to work performing procedures utilizing proper techniques and administration of contrast media. Works under their scope of practice and in accordance with certificate/licensure in the administration of medications, operation of equipment, and venipuncture. Coordinates patient flow and the activities of the CT/MRI scanner. Exercises professional judgment in the performance of duties in order to maintain equipment in good working condition.Contract Assignment
- 13 Weeks (Temporary)Shift:
(Cat Scan/MRI Technologist Benefits )
- Pay depends on location and experience.
- Health Insurance
- 401K Matching
- New licensing reimbursement
- We are offering a very competitive package to the right licensed Cat Scan/ MRI Technologist
Candidates need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of procedures and patient safety. Being Compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal Candidates goes a step further by being a critical thinker and fast to act with emergencies.Requirements:
- Must possess independent decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Ability to relate positively to residents and families and work cooperatively with other employees.
- Capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Meet all local health regulations, and successfully complete a post-offer health assessment.
- Physical and sensory requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices): walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to hear and respond to pages; ability to read and write; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with residents, families, personnel, vendors and consultants; ability to remain calm under stress; ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures.
: At least 2 years of CT/MRI experience
If you are seeking a Cat Scan/MRI Technologist position in NEW HAVEN, CT
and would like to work with an agency that will listen to your needs and career goals, then Focus Staff is the right place to be. We are proud of our ability to build relationships with all our healthcare professionals, whether you are seeking Travel assignments, PRN work or Permanent Placed positions.Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam. Assists in proper contrast administration.
- Positions patients effectively for scans, using sound knowledge of physiology and anatomy.
- Performs exams using consistent department protocols and transmits all pertinent data through appropriate systems for radiologist review.
- Proactively assesses images and adjusts, as needed, to deliver quality scans for proper patient diagnosis.
- Performs routine maintenance, cleaning, and calibration of imaging equipment and adjusts for patient size, age, and condition. Also recognizes equipment failures and adjusts or reports concerns as needed.
- Demonstrates effective radiation and pathogenetic protection for patient, as well as self.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Operates magnetic resonance imaging equipment to produce cross-sectional images (photographs) of patient`s body for diagnostic purposes.
- Under the direction of the Chief of Radiology and the Imaging Services Director, with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative, performs related technological functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care utilizing efficient and safe processes.
- Performs patient studies according to set protocol including placing specified coil close to area of interest.
- Operates imaging and other equipment devices so that quality diagnostic services are provided, including keying commands to specify scan sequences into computer, adjusting transmitters and receivers, and keying in data on keyboard of camera to photograph images.
- Interviews patient to explain magnetic resonance imaging procedures to address patient concerns and exhibits a high degree of tact, courtesy and poise when interacting with patients, staff, and visitors.
- Ensures patient and staff safety, including explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, alerting staff of danger or carrying metal around magnet, and monitoring patients via closed circuit TV.
Contract/Temporary/Travel/Part -TimeLocation: NEW HAVEN, CT
If You have a Passion for Traveling CT/MRI Technology, Apply Today and a Recruiter will guide you through the Process.
Join our VIP team of Traveling Professionals!
Travel CT, Travel Cat Scan, CT Technologist, CT Tech, MRI, MRI Technologist, Traveling MRI Technologist, Part-Time, Contract, Travel,