We currently have a client in EL CENTRO, CA looking for a Histologist (Traveling Histologist)
Focus Staff is seeking a traveling Histologist to work as a Histologist maintains current professional knowledge and skills to perform testing as a Histologist in the Clinical Laboratory, including fluid cytology preparation. Responsible for producing high quality slides in an efficient manner consistent with laboratory and hospital policy. Performs special staining, frozen sections, gross examination and assistance and autopsy assistance.Contract Assignment
– 13 Weeks (Temporary)Shift:
- Pay depends on location and experience.
- Health Insurance Coverage
- 401K matching
- New licensing reimbursement
- Job staffing in all 50 state
- We are offering a very competitive package to the right licensed Histologist
Candidates need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of procedures and patient safety. Being Compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal Candidates goes a step further by being a critical thinker and fast to act with emergencies.
- Proven experience as Histologist.
- Must possess independent decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precaution
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Ability to relate positively to residents and families and work cooperatively with other employees.
- Capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Meet all local health regulations, and successfully complete a post-offer health assessment.
- Physical and sensory requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices): walking, reaching, climbing, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, pushing and pulling, ability to hear and respond to pages; ability to read and write; ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with residents, families, personnel, vendors and consultants; ability to remain calm under stress; ability to distinguish smells, tastes and temperatures.
At least 2 years of experience
If you are seeking a Histologist and would like to work with an agency that will listen to your needs and career goals, then Focus Staff is the right place to be. We are proud of our ability to build relationships with all our healthcare professionals, whether you are seeking Travel assignments, PRN work or Permanent Placed positions.
- Assists with processing of specimens, data entry, and documentation of quality control.
- Performs manual techniques and operates instruments in accordance with protocols and instrument guidelines, e.g. embedding and microtomy (paraffin and/or frozen sections involving use of automatic tissue processors, balances, pH meters, etc.)
- Training participation provided on site or remotely for automated staining platforms in all areas of the Histology laboratory (H&E, SS and IHC), includes procedure development
- Selects, performs, and monitors staining procedures required for specific diagnosis, e.g., evaluation of adequacy of reagents and stains, selection and utilization of control materials, monitoring of stained preparations, etc.
- Performs equipment validation, reagent optimization and validation following regulatory guidelines and procedures. Including maintaining current and accurate documentation required.
- Mounts coverslips on slides and labels as appropriate.
- Operates and monitors laboratory equipment in accordance with equipment manuals and laboratory policies.
- Keeps work area physically clean, organized and free of safety hazards; properly disposes of all bio hazardous materials and chemically hazardous materials; maintains adequate inventory to complete work, and orders supplies as needed.
- Adheres to personnel policies including, but not limited to schedules and attendance, performance evaluations, up to date safety training and continuing education required for competency as well as certification maintenance.
- Participates in regulatory agency inspection readiness and onsite inspections.
- Timely ordering of inventory and maintain working supplies, for work area.
- Prepares solutions and reagents in accordance with standard procedures.
Contract/Temporary/TravelLocation: EL CENTRO, CA
If You have a Passion for Histologist, Apply Today and a Recruiter will guide you through the Process.
Join our VIP team of Traveling Professionals!
Traveling Histologist, Histologist, Part-Time, Contract, Travel, Temporary, 13 Weeks, Temp. Tier9