posted 1 day ago
Location: Kingwood, TX
Shift: 2 shifts 1 7:30am to 5pm and 9:00am to 5pm 2 openings
- Experience doing blood draws, labeling specimens, centrifuging specimens, recording maintenance data and decontamination, updating patient information, etc.
- Greet customers appropriately. Treat all customers in a courteous manner.
- Collects specimens according to established procedures. Properly explains in a clear but courteous manner the process of the venipuncture (blood drawing) and or other specimen collection (ex. urine or fecal) as required. Reduces patient anxiety by providing a calm environment for patients before, during and after the collection process.
- Demonstrate technique/s using straight needles and/or butterfly needles.
- Fully understand all of the physicians' orders.
- Matches laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes. Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as required by test order.
- Check all test requisitions or computer label against script to ensure 100% correct.
- Package specimens for transport. Stores specimen sample according to required temperature, places samples in appropriate collection container/ tube, accurately labels, follows different procedures as outlined by specific to protocol deemed necessary for transport to maintain integrity of the specimen. Demonstrates proficiency of proper collection methods and proper processing of all specimens.•Understand and comply with OSHA and DEP regulations.
- Attend annual department trainings.
- Answer telephone calls, read laboratory results to satisfy inquiries
- Phlebotomy certification
- 2 years of recent paid experience
- Current CPR card
- Strong phlebotomy skills
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills covering phones and with patient interaction.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Day 1 Health benefits (Health/Vision/Dental)
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Travel reimbursement
- State License reimbursement
- $1500 Referral bonus program
About Us: All Medical Personnel is a national leader in healthcare staffing and recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts (SIA) as one of the nation's largest healthcare staffing firms. Our team of seasoned recruiters are experienced in their ability to recruit, screen and place medical professionals for all types of healthcare settings.