Your New Adventure:
Are you a School Speech-Language Pathologist passionate about working with children and inspired by making a difference? Do you enjoy building therapy into play and working with a collaborative team of therapists, special educators as well as with family members? Then consider a career with Preferred Healthcare Staffing!
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is one of the top-ranked staffing firms in the nation and a leading provider of children's therapy services. We are currently seeking a Physical Therapist to join a dynamic team of professionals in a school district located in the beautiful St Angels Camp, CA area. The district is looking for a gifted Speech-Language Pathologists to join their dynamic team for the 2020-2021 school year, with the possibility of contract renewal the following year.
Being hired as a Preferred Healthcare Staffing Speech-Language Pathologist means you are best in class, enthusiastic and professional. Our Speech-Language Pathologist’s work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and young adults.
For more information about this position, call 858-810-8662 or email me at
• Current state license in the area of physical therapy.
• Prior experience in providing best practices in serving students.
• Full time, may consider part time candidates as well
• Evaluates and determines eligibility for services of referred students within the District based on their standard of practice entrance/exit guidelines
• Provides appropriate assessments.
• Designs, develops and delivers services prescribed in the IEP for each student who identified as requiring physical therapy services. Develops appropriate and measurable goals. Collects data on progress toward goals.
• Assists with the screening of students who are coming to the school district with an identified disabling condition. Provide appropriate adaptations in the classroom while assessments are being completed and IEP developed.
• Collaborates with and assists with in-servicing staff members in the development of a variety of strategies to meet the educational needs of students in need of physical therapy in the classroom.
• Provides in-service to staff members to support existing therapy routines for students in a daily setting in the classroom.
• Provides in-service to parents to support existing therapy routines for students.
• Provides technical assistance including recommendations, modifications and necessary repairs of assistive devices that may be utilized to meet the specific needs of students receiving direct physical therapy as part of their total program.
What We Offer:
• Paid Holidays and School Breaks
• Competitive pay package
• Comprehensive training
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Continuing Education reimbursement
• Ability to make an impact in the communities we serve
Best Benefits Position