An Acute Facility in Fairfax is looking for a Dosimetrist to join their team for a 3-month contract with the possibility to extend or convert to perm.
Work scheduled M-F, 8am – 5pm, 40 hours per week
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Certification by Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (CMD) (Certified Medical Dosimetrist) required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to understand the technical aspects of radiation oncology and medical physics to derive computerized treatment plans and communicate these aspects to the Radiation Oncologist for plan approval, and to the Radiation Therapist for plan implementation.
- Has working knowledge of radiation safety and current rules and regulations of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Has the ability to interpret and execute treatment plans as defined in relevant treatment protocols.
- Must possess mathematical skills including algebra, trigonometry, and introductory calculus and be able to visualize objects in three-dimensional concepts to facilitate the treatment planning process.
• Provide every aspect of clinical treatment planning support: organ delineation, beam design, plan optimization, dose calculations, image fusion, and plan import/export and documentation preparation and more
• Provide trainings to photon dosimetrists colleagues and other team members on proton planning
• Present new plans at departmental Chart Rounds
• Provide CT simulation technical support and assist therapists with patient positioning
• Retrieve treatment planning records and image data for protocol submission
• Provide treatment planning documentation for billing purposes
• Participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures
• Assist in clinical implementation of newly developed treatment techniques under guidance of QMP
• Participate in clinical trials and clinically focused research projects system.
What We Offer:
• Competitive pay package
• Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) matching
• Retirement planning and savings options
• Continuing Education reimbursement
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is a well-established and highly reputable staffing agency that specializes in placing therapy and allied health professionals in positions carefully aligned with their skills and desires. We pride ourselves on honesty and genuinely taking care of our HCPs. We believe that this ultimately helps achieve our mutual goal: better patient care. Awarded Best of Staffing and Certified by The Joint Commission. For more information call 800-787-6787 or apply online today!
Preferred Healthcare Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability. We are committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected status as designated by federal, state or local law.