Posted 6 hours ago
Travel School Based Physical Therapist
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Save time by uploading a resume.
||Up to $1,855.00 per week
Join the Supplemental Health Care team in Washington working with one of our top-tier school systems for the 2018-19 school year. We are a nationally recognized healthcare staffing provider partnering with a school district in Spanaway, WA to provide a school-based Travel Physical Therapist.
The School Physical Therapist will apply their expertise in identifying, evaluating and treating school-aged children, to help students succeed; as every child deserves to learn and thrive without labels or limits!
General Duties for this position as a Travel School Physical Therapist:
- The Travel Physical Therapist will provide and direct physical therapy services to children ages 4-18 in a variety of early intervention and educational settings.
- The school-based Physical Therapist’s (PT) focus is to help students access their educational environment appropriately and efficiently by working on the mobility and access to activities.
- In schools, Pts use their unique expertise to help students participate in learning, social, prevocational/vocational, and recreational activities.
- PTs may supervise Physical Therapy Assistants (PTAs) in their provision of services to students.
- The Travel Physical Therapist would collaborate with the educational team to determine appropriate services to meet student’s individual needs.
Essential Functions for the school-based Travel Physical Therapist:
- Provides pre-referral consultations and contribute to initiatives including Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Implements and conducts physical therapy treatment to meet goals and objectives in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), the Individual Transition Plan (ITP), or 504 Plan.
- Develops functional mobility and gross motor skills including strength, endurance, balance, and coordination.
- Reduces barriers that limit student participation by providing strategies that foster interaction and engage students at their full potential.
- Recommends accommodations, adaptive equipment, and/or assistive technology if appropriate to improve students’ participation and functioning level. Instructs students, family and staff in use of assistive equipment.
Supplemental Health Care prides itself in offering industry-leading benefits catered to any situation including: Healthcare, option for year-round compensation, Helping Hands referral program and a 24/7 approach to customer service. Supplemental Health Care is the company traveling providers trust.
Travel to the great northwest and discover Puget sound, Olympic Park or the Seattle metro and Pike Place - the iconic fish market of the west.
Interested Travel Physical Therapists can call or text Jim Burris at 469.844.8909 for immediate consideration.
Active Washington Physical Therapist license.
Valid BLS card.
Valid ESA certification.
Be the first to review this agency!