Posted 5 hours ago
Travel School Based Occupational Therapist
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Save time by uploading a resume.
||Up to $1,850.00 per week
Join the Supplemental Health Care team in Washington working with one of our top-tier school systems for the 2018-19 school year. We are a nationally recognized healthcare staffing provider partnering with a school district in Spanaway, WA to provide a School-based Travel Occupational Therapist.
The Travel School Occupational Therapist will apply their expertise in identifying, evaluating and treating school-aged children, to help students succeed; as every child deserves to learn and thrive without labels or limits!
General Duties for this position as a Travel School Occupational Therapist:
- Provides and directs occupational therapy services to children ages 4-18 in a variety of early intervention and educational settings.
- The school-based Occupational Therapist’s (OT) focus is on engagement in meaningful and purposeful daily living school/home/community activities or “occupations”.
- The OT’s goal is to improve students’ participation and functioning to achieve their maximum potential in the educational environment.
- OTs may supervise Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTAs) in their provision of services to students.
Essential Functions for the School-Based Travel Occupational Therapist:
- Provides pre-referral consultations and contribute to initiatives including Response to Intervention (RtI).
- Implements and conducts occupational therapy treatment to meet goals and objectives in the Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP), the Individual Educational Plan (IEP), the Individual Transition Plan (ITP), or 504 Plan.
- Serves as a member of teams for students with suspected deficits that impact daily living skills.
- Develops skill areas including fine motor, visual-motor, visual perceptual, postural stability, motor planning and sensory processing.
- Reduces the functional consequence of disabilities that affect curricular activities, self-care/independent living skills, social participation, recreational, and prevocational/vocational skills.
Supplemental Health Care prides itself in offering industry-leading benefits catered to any situation including: Healthcare, option for year-round compensation, Helping Hands referral program and a 24/7 approach to customer service. Supplemental Health Care is the company traveling providers trust.
Travel to the great northwest and discover Puget sound, Olympic Park or the Seattle metro and Pike Place - the iconic fish market of the West.
Interested Travel Occupational Therapists can call or text Jim Burris at 469.844.8909 for immediate consideration.
Active Washington Occupational Therapist license.
Valid ESA certification.
Valid BLS card.
Be the first to review this agency!