Posted 12 hours ago
Social Worker - School
Have you Applied Before?
Login to apply using your existing application:
First Time Applying?
Create an account to manage your application.
Save time by uploading a resume.
||Licensed Clinical Social Worker
||7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SCHOOL SOCIAL WORKER - SSW
We have a great opportunity for a qualified SSW to work in the Ecorse, MI area for the 2017/2018 school year. As a therapist within the district you will be scheduled 3 days per week, 7 hours per day. Therapists that enjoy this assignment are often invited to return to the school district year after year. Please submit your resume today for immediate consideration. We look forward to having you join our amazing team of therapists! In addition to the standard benefits, our therapists are preferred in a number of school districts in the Michigan area.
BENEFITS OF THERAPISTS UNLIMITED STAFFING SERVICES:
1. Competitive Compensation Package
2. Weekly Pay with Direct Deposit
3. Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
4. Referral Bonuses
5. Immediate Openings
6. Flexible Schedules
7. Orientation Program Offered by Client
Our strong, long-term connections—with the most admired companies—mean a new world of possibilities for your career. Partnering with ReadyNurse is the kind of proactive move that can put you on an inside track, give you access to more career opportunities, and get you that dream job faster than going at it alone.
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION:
Therapists Unlimited partners with companies around the county to raise the bar in healthcare by setting new standards for quality care and personalized service. Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Provide direct school social work services to referred students who have serious social and emotional problems that interfere with learning. Provide individual and group therapeutic counseling to students and their families
2. identify and assesses academic problems through analysis of factors impinging on student adjustment including factors in the home, school and community
3. Determine and implement appropriate therapeutic strategies to effect changes in behavioral/ social interactions of students and their families
4. Complete psychosocial assessments to assist in the determination of social education eligibility
5. Must have an understand of the IEP Process and the ability to develop Individual Educational Plans, Multidisciplinary Evaluation Team reports, Evaluation Review Reports, Functional behavior Assessments, Behavior Intervention Plans, Manifestation Determination Reviews, 504's and other special education reports pertaining to student needs and issues
6. Demonstrate general knowledge of disability areas in special education with specific knowledge in emotional impairment and autism
7. Coordinate and facilitate crisis intervention and trauma response services
8. possess a general knowledge of the provisions of the Every Student Succeeds Acts (ESSA), McKinney- Vento law and other state and federal mandates
9. Serve as a liaison between families and the school to positively promote collaborative processes in education planning for students by encouraging parent/guardian participation in the school setting.
10. Demonstrate knowledge of community resources to provide support and services to student and families.
11. Serves as a member of the Resource Coordinating Team (the problem- solving vehicle for the school) and other school based teams to develop interventions for promoting students' academic success
12. Develop, coordinate and facilitate intervention and prevention groups for students and parents (ie. grief, conflict resolution, divorce etc.)
13. Demonstrate skills in conducting effective meetings and conferences (including the resolution of disagreements).
14. Maintain required clinical records and submits appropriate documents for statistical reports with adherence to program standards in school social work.
15. Demonstrate the skill in communicating concepts and information accurately orally or in writing
16. maintain current knowledge of and abides by federal and state laws with emphasis on persons with disabilities, child welfare, mental health, confidentiality and student and parent rights
17. attends meeting and professional development activities as required
18. School Social Worker (SSW) Job Requirements:
19. Applicants must possess and provide evidence of a Master's Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
20. Valid State of Michigan Master's Social Worker license, issued by the State of Michigan, Department of Licensing and Regulations, and Full Approval as a School Social Worker issued by the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education and Early Intervention Services.
21. Applicants not holding Full Approval must be eligible for Temporary or Continuing Temporary Approval
22. Minimum of two (2) years post Social Work Master's degree experience, working as a Social Worker with school-aged children and families
ABOUT CAREERSTAFF UNLIMITED:
CareerStaff Unlimited (CSU) is a leader in healthcare staffing, with a national network of 6 brands, operating 24 offices, serving over 1,650 clients, and employing over 4,350 clinicians. CSU attracts high quality clinicians who transition well to new environments, are knowledgeable of industry technology, and rapidly assimilate into facility teams.
CSU services cover all types of medical personnel, including nurses, therapists and pharmacists. Our professional staffing team offers unrivaled customer service and industry commitment, unique opportunities, top pay, and benefits that meet the lifestyle requirements of our clinicians. With our local presence, CSU provides personalized support in each community while still benefiting from the national resources and assistance of our larger CSU network.
CareerStaff Unlimited is proud to practice Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EEO/AA).
Brittany Merner | Staffing Manager
CareerStaff Unlimited | A Division of CareerStaff Unlimited
248-203-0490 | Brittany.Merner@careerstaff.com
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this company and their internal recruiters and hiring managers! They are always willing to go the extra mile to help find me the perfect job position or travel opportunity. I have been an employee for many years and would not consider any other staffing company. I highly recommend them to any local or traveling clinician looking for an honest and reliable recruiting or staffing company to sign on with.
The scheduling team is great and very willing to work with me on location and type of settings.
The staff at Therapists Unlimited is always pleasant to interact with and returns calls and emails promptly. They have always been available to me when I have needed them. I believe they try their best to keep their employees working as much as possible and in assignments/positions that make them happy. I feel that they listened to my wants/needs and tried to find the best fit possible.
I recently came on board as a school Speech Therapists and the girls at Therapists Unlimited have been great. They didn't push or bother, they simply listened to my need. They were able to place me in the school district I requested with flexible hours. I am very happy with my job and the team here in Houston!
Per Diem PTA
Management is very involved and cares about their staff. I enjoy the flexibility of being able to pick what assignments I want to work and what days. They are willing to give new grads a chance which is helpful for me as I seek to build my work experience and eventually hope to get a more permanent position. The hardest part of the job is how far I have traveled for some assignments, but it got my foot in the door and now I'm working closer to home mostly with shorter commutes.